In: Techie Daw

12 May 2010

I’m soooo happy to see my very first plugin to be released for everyone to use. I hope it will help a lot of Magento and WordPress users!

Click! click! click!

About the author

Richard Feraro is a Magento Enterprise Certified developer from Manila, Philippines with 14 years of solid open-source development experience using Linux, Apache, MySQL & PHP.

8 Responses to Mage Enabler is now available for download in the Official WordPress Plugin repository!

Ryan UNITED KINGDOM

May 26th, 2010 at 5:26 pm

Hi Richard,

Tried using your plugin, however some strange behaviour followed.

I have wordpress set up as the main part of my site ( in the root directory ) and magento in a sub folder powering just the ecommerce side. I wanted to use this plugin to pull the products of one category onto the homepage of my wordpress site.

Installing the plugin gave me a white screen, setting the errors to show all in php.ini also provided a white screen which was rather odd. However the plugin worked perfectly once I’d visited my store first website.com/shop then went back to the homepage. Which implies to me that it seems to have trouble creating a new session. I made sure that:

'frontend'));
}
?>

Was placed at the top of the php template file before the header also, to the same results. Any chance you could share your thoughts on how we could fix this?

Richard Feraro UNITED STATES

May 26th, 2010 at 5:59 pm

Hello Ryan,

Is it possible to see the file and how you implemented it? Your code in the post is incomplete or has been truncated. What is your Magento and WordPress version?

Ryan UNITED KINGDOM

May 27th, 2010 at 4:08 pm

Hi Richard, sorry wasn’t anticipating such a swift reply 🙂

The code that was cut off there was

if(class_exists('Mage')){
Mage::getSingleton('core/session', array('name' => 'frontend'));
}

The path to mage.php is correct and declared so in the admin, so its rather odd. I’m not too familiar with Magento’s methods, I assume thats trying to create a session?

I tried getting errors to display in my php.ini file and it still returned a blank screen, which is rather unhelpful for the both of us I’d imagine 🙁

Richard Feraro UNITED STATES

May 27th, 2010 at 5:37 pm

Add at the top of your script the code below:

error_reporting(E_ALL);

Is it possible to see the file where the error occurs?

Scott UNITED STATES

November 9th, 2010 at 7:42 am

Have you installed mage enabler on wordpress with the builder theme? I seem to be having issues. I have got the mage.php as accessible in wordpress, but I can’t seem to add any magento blocks or products.

Richard Feraro PHILIPPINES

November 9th, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Not yet, but it should work with any template. What have you done so far?

John LeBlanc UNITED STATES

September 21st, 2011 at 8:39 am

Hi Richard!

I just posted a fix to an issue I ran into updating Magento products and attribute sets with Mage Enabler active:

Aloha!
John

Richard Feraro PHILIPPINES

September 21st, 2011 at 9:50 am

Thanks John! Will add it in the FAQ for others to see as well.

Comment Form

About my blog

This blog is targeted towards all levels of developers and also designers. Various topics are discussed such as Magento, PHP & MySQL, jQuery, WordPress, CSS and HTML.

Booking.com